Sunday, September 22, 2013

So, guess what! I'm opening an area! It's called Santa Victoria 3, and it's in the heart of Chiclayo. It's the most affluent area in the whole mission, and the ward is ridiculously cool. Plus, Santa Victoria 1 and 2 are the elders that work in the office. That means they don't have a lot of time to go out proselyting and that we've got our work cut out for us here, but it also means that we're super close to the president and that we're super well taken care of. And I've got another suprise! I have a daughter! Oh, well a step-daughter. In the mission, when we train new people, we're called their "parents" and they're our "son" or "daughter." But this time, my compaining got transferred with me in the middle of her training, so I'm just finishing it up. Lots to do! Prayer's become a big deal. Hahaha. But I'm glad for the oportunity to do it. She's also American! I wrote some thoughts to a sister that used to serve here. She and I have become penpals. So, this is what I wrote her on the subject. There's this article about unhealthy perfectionism that Elder Alviña randomly gave to us that was the source of my inner reflections this morning. There were a couple of parts that hit me pretty profoundly, but the one that changed the game was this: "To be perfect is to be a Savior. My investigators need only one Savior. And my job is to invite them to come unto him." I had a teacher at BYUH that once told me that any lack of faith is a lack of faith in Heavenly Father. Hermana Sonictrumpets, I know that sometimes times get rough, in the mission as well as out in the world. We're not exempt from pain because we're returned missionaries. But I hope you perservere. And it sounds like you are. I know that the Savior of the world died so that you and I could have the ability to make mistakes, to learn, to grow. I hope the challenges you face right now won't keep you from believing that there is good in the world and peace to be found in Him who died to make us free.

No comments:

Post a Comment