Thursday, February 14, 2013

We arrived at the CCM (MTC) in the wee hours of Valentines Day. The journey here was, for me, standard, with the exception of a mass of 15-20 missionaries (3 of us sisters) that traveled with me. The flight to Peru was only 6 hours. After travelling to and from Hawaii for my entire college career, it was a breeze. The bus ride to the CCM was incredible. The buildings here look pixelated! Many "oos" and "aahs." The pretentious part of me wanted to leave off the wonderment.    "Im not as naive as these sheltered, Utah/western states spawn." But, if I may be honest, Im not even cool enough to pull that off. So, throwing "cool" to the wind, I contributed "oos" and "aahs" of my own.
   Today, we are getting registered and oriented. There is mass confusion among the North Americans and not a little panic among the sisters. For the most part, I have NO idea whats going on. But Im wonderful. Its wonderful. This is wonderful. They handed me bags of stuff and, although I didnt know what they contained (new books and scriptures), I was tickled to death to get them. The grounds of the CCM are beyond gorgeous. Im just happy to be here, did I mention that? So happy. Maybe its the sleep deprivation.

 
Happily,
Hermana Sabalones

No comments:

Post a Comment