Tuesday, April 2, 2013


Aight. So, I just wrote to my mission president; my first letter in Spanish. Woo! SO rough.

Kay, so first off. I didn't wish Grandma a happy birthday in my last email. But, Happy Birthday, Grandma! I swear I had it written in my agenda at least three times, and I told my companion at minimum once each day to remind me. In the moment, there were thirty screaming missionaries in one room, all trying to maximize their computer half hour. Excuses, but anyway, I'm so sorry!! And I love you!!

Next, one of the members of my CCM district dislocated his knee and has had to be in the CCM for two weeks more. He's had a rough time with the language, with being a missionary, and with his testimony (which is only a year and a half old or so). He asked me this one favor, so if anybody knows Katie Green, please ask her to send one of her stories to the Peru MTC in behalf of an Elder Thomas Logan Gray. He said it would cheer him up a lot.

So, okay, next. I'm here in my mission! Whenever I told people in the CCM that I my mission was Chiclayo, they would respond, "Very hot!" Once I got to Chiclayo, I was assigned to the Bagua Chica area of the Jaen district, about which I was told, "Very hot!" Hahaha. But, anyone that knows me well knows that I'm loving it. Heat, I can do. I was also told that it's the most beautiful place in our whole mission, it's in one of the three most coveted zones, it has a killer pensionista (the lady that cooks for us, and also happens to be the bishop's wife), it's ward is the largest in the mission and is amazing, and that once I went there, I wouldn't come out until I was transferred because it's one of the two areas in our entire mission that are in the jungle (the Amazonas), and it takes over 9 hours to get here. What I wasn't told is that my companion, Hna Castro, is amazing, Bagua also has a set of elders, and one of them speaks English, and that mine is one of the few  areas wherein the district AND zone leaders both speak English. SO it's pretty bomb sauce.

I still don't speak Spanish, so I'll leave off telling you about our investigators because I'm not entirely sure about what's happening with them from day to day.

I will tell you, though, that I'm pretty much the weirdest thing that's ever hit Bagua. Everybody stares and asks if I'm from Argentina or Mexico, where the people are lighter and taller, and then I speak and they're even more confused. Hahaha! We had a 16-year-old member with us yesterday, and she kept laughing at me the whole time! Apparently I'm pretty chistosa (funny). :) C'est la vie (<--not Spanish).

I have more pictures to send, but I'm about out of time, so hasta luego!

Also, there's a chicken literally at my feet right now. Hahaha

1 comment:

  1. Hiiiiiiii my gabby hope you are enjoying your mission gab! Hope your behaving my loving beautiful cousin. I miss you everyday. I know tho god needs you, your an amazing woman who will do an amazin job on her mission!!! Be careful n spread lots of gospel!! Hugs n kisses!!! Love you cuz forever!!
    kanetha

    ReplyDelete